Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Looks like...


Harold's is closing. Very sad day for me. But, they started their sale last Saturday. And, from what I understand, will continue until their doors close.
From Dallas Business Journal
"Upscale clothing retailer Harold’s Stores Inc., which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Oklahoma last week, has launched 30 to 50 percent off sales at stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Under Chapter 11, companies have the opportunity to develop a financial plan for the purpose of reorganizing while continuing to operate.
Harold’s Chief Executive Officer Ron Staffieri told the Dallas Business Journal the company is waiting to liquidate inventory to see what its next step will be. At this point, Staffieri says closing all the stores is a possibility. He says he’ll know more as the liquidation sale progresses."
The store sales began on Saturday and will continue until all merchandise is sold, Harold’s said. The retailer added in a statement that “store closing sales” are occurring at the following locations: Inwood Village, 5550 Lovers Lane, Ste #163; Dallas Galleria, 13350 Dallas Pkwy #3080; Fort Worth’s University Park Village, 1604 S University Drive; Plano Preston Park Colonnade, 2101 Preston Road; and Southlake Town Square, 190 State St. in Southlake.
The retailer says outlet "store closing sales" also have been implemented at the Harold’s Clean Sweep Closeout, a retail outlet located at 5100 Belt Line Road, Ste. 400, Dallas."
Looks like it's Harold's for Christmas!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm telling you this economy is scary lately!!!

Lexy said...

You all know where you'll be able to find me in the coming days!

Suburban prep said...

i loved Harold's. They left the Chicago area a bit ago though.

KK said...

This is the saddest day of my LIFE! Although I haven't bought anything there since my Daddy paid my bills (i.e.,college! when it was so much more fun to shop since I was threee sizes smaller...) I LOVED this store!!! Now all my money goes to my girls and you are telling me that I won't be able to treat them to shopping sprees at Harold's--boo, hoo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you find a closet full of classics!

Henley on the Horn said...

I can't believe it! I always loved visiting their stores & they'd pamper you with a Diet Coke! It was one of my friends favorite stores! What happened??

Grove Gal K said...

i used to work there when i was home from college...I can't believe they are closing

Kim said...

They're all closing here, too. I am so sad.