Sunday, November 16, 2008

Busy weekend

So my weekend began on Friday evening when I decided to attend the official Neiman Marcus tree lighting. Well, first of all, we had a cold front roll in. So I bundled us all up, and off we went. We got there at 6' ish. First mistake. They screw around until after seven thirty! It got really crowded as time went by, I have a death grip on the twins for fear I will lose them in the shuffle, and my arms are going numb from trying to carry each kid. Thank goodness, this guy, came over and offered to put J on his shoulders! Just in time too! Fireworks went off, and Santa came down the zip line. Right over our heads!

Saturday was spent recovering from Friday. Sunday, we split the twins up and took them to buy each other birthday presents. I told Paul that we should budget small, because it was supposed to be from one four year old to another. J bought T an Ariel bathtub barbie.

T (who Paul took) bought the biggest flipping Thomas train set there was! Very funny, Paul! that means I am going to have to spend hours figuring the thing out, and the bridges won't hold up, etc. I really just want the simple wooden track that J can handle on his own, and that we can easily take apart and put away. Sigh...

Then, Sunday afternoon... Lakewood Home tour Volunteer time! Pretty fun, since it was 3 doors down from my parents house, and it just got revamped in 2006. (It had been in the same family since it was built in the 1930's) New owners did a wonderful job!!!


How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Hopsy said...

What a fun filled weekend! I hear about the NM lightening on the radio all week. I am glad someone I know went and enjoyed it! When is the twins bithday?! I missed that it was coming up!!

TG said...

I love to enjoy the weekend with the family. Saturday my brothers played tennis, I went to watch them played. It was fantastic.

Preppy Pettit said...

Thanks H!(kappa prep) The twins birthday is on the 9th of December.