Friday, October 24, 2008

Bookworm Award

I was sent this by Preppy Southern Princess . How fun!

Here are the rules:Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 56. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

Here goes. Ya'll know this is going to be a kids book, right?
Page 6, from Fancy Nancy, because there are not 56 pages.

"My favorite color is fuchsia.
That's a fancy way of saying purple.


(actual picture from this page in the book)
I like to write my name with a pen that has a plume.
That's a fancy way of saying feather.
And I can't wait to learn French because everything
in French sounds fancy."
-Fancy Nancy
by Jane O'Connor
Illustrated by Robin Price Glasser
Now I invite...


No comments: