Sunday, March 15, 2009

J is in bad shape.

T got sick with Pneumonia. I got sick, Paul got sick. J was doing great. Not even a runny nose. We thought we were in the clear.

Then yesterday, I heard the most awful sound you can hear with an asthmatic son. The wet cough. So out came the nebulizer and breathing treatments. Then today, he is having a treatment and it was not working. He is crying, telling me he can't get a breath, and I look at his fingernails which are turning blue...

I try not to panic as I am running him to the car, while yelling at Paul to hurry up. Since I was freaking out, Paul took him. His oxygen was at a 93, which is low, so he is at Children's getting treatments. Hopefully, he won't have to spend the night.

Finger's crossed.
**************************************************

UPDATE: J is home now and napping. He now is on steroids and other meds. We also need to watch him like a hawk! Lets hope he stays under control.....

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness! Keep us up on what's going on. Hope you don't have to stay the night. Let us all know if you need anything.

Tippy said...

Thinking of you and hoping all is OK.

Kate said...

Keeping your little guy in my thoughts!

Henley on the Horn said...

We are praying for him! I'm so glad he was able to tell you he couldn't breathe!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Paper Girl said...

Oh I am so sorry! I know you were so scared....I will say a prayer for all of you tonight. Please keep us all posted on how he is.

Gracie Beth said...

I am glad to hear that he is going better! My brother had very bad asthma as a child so I understand how scary it can be!

MaryBeth said...

I really hope everything gets better for him soon. I really hate to see anyone not feeling well, especially when it is one of the little ones.

caknitter said...

I'm glad to read your little one is doing better.

KK said...

I am glad he is home safe--sending prayers for your sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything improves and he gets better quick!

Gabi said...

I hope J continues to improve. Ugh, a small person on steroids sucks! My oldest (J) is asthmatic also and lucky for us we have only had to have him on prednasone once. He was just reading a children's biography of Teddy Roosevelt, who had asthma, and oh my, the treatments then were awful!